Where Does The Time Go?
After recording my time for the past six days I realize that I spend most of my time in class or studying. This study showed me that managing my time by writing it down helps me accomplish much more. In a sense, scheduling my time holds me accountable for where every minute of my time goes. This makes me participate in more deliberate practice rather than going through the motions. This week I spent 26 hours studying and doing homework, 19 hours exercising, eating, working or hanging out with friends and the rest of my time in class or sleeping. In my opinion, this is a well balanced schedule for a first year college student. Eating surprisingly took up more time than I thought it was going to. Strictly because of the time it takes to walk to the café, get food, sit down, socialize for a bit and walk back. I didn’t procrastinate this week, although I did save my hardest assignments for last which is a bad habit I need to break. Next week I’m going to schedule my time better by focusing on my harder assignments first because this will save me some time on homework. Hopefully by doing that it will give me more time to sleep. Throughout the semester I’m going to try to keep doing this because as I said before it makes me do more deliberate practice rather than just getting something done. I also learned from this assignment that making to do lists is crucial part of succeeding in college. I have a planner and a to do list with the specific assignments I need to get done for that week and I use it religiously. These techniques will help me tremendously throughout the next semester if I continue to utile them.
No comments:
Post a Comment