Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Safari #9 Involvement Fair


Last week I attended the student involvement fair.  While I was there I was so impressed with the amount of clubs Southern has to offer.  Two that really caught my eye were Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and Best Buddies.  Alpha Sigma Alpha is a national sorority and initially formed in Virginia at Longwood University November 1901.  Alpha Sigma Alpha does a lot with the Special Olympics which really interests me because I enjoy helping special needs kids.  Best Buddies and Alpha Sigma Alpha are similar because they both work with special needs kids, but best buddies spends more time with each child because each of us get our own buddy.  I think I’m going to join Best Buddies instead of the sorority because Greek week is over and Best Buddies is a better fit for me because you really get to know your special needs individual.             

No comments:

Post a Comment