Monday, September 24, 2012

Involvement

See full size imageThe topic I chose for my video is involvement.  I chose this topic because during our class discussions about campus and SCSU as a whole most of them pertained to involvement or being pro active which are one in the same in some respects.  Also because I think as a new student at a somewhat large university it’s important to be a part of something and not another face in the crowd.  The main questions I’m going to cover in my video are how to get involved, does the university do a good job at trying to get students involved, do students who are involved in SCSU clubs or teams have higher or lower GPAS and what would be a main reason why a first year student would or wouldn’t want to get involved.  These questions are important to first year students because knowing how to get involved is the first step to joining a club or team. Weighing out the pros and cons are also important because even though they could be for each person mostly everyone has the same general concerns.  Determining whether people who are involved have higher or lower GPA’s is crucial.  Once again it depends on what kind of person you are, but in general if kids involved have higher GPA’s it’s something to consider doing if your grades are subpar.  These questions will make for a interesting video because knowing the opinion of faculty, CC’s and other first year students may or may not change your opinion on being involved.  Also each person’s answer will be different therefore giving a variety of opinions that will be able to connect with each different person watching it.  Essentially I hope my video can relate to everyone, and leave the audience thinking about whether getting involved is or isn’t for them.     

No comments:

Post a Comment