Thinking About College
Let me start by saying I
believe college is what you make of it.
Going to college can help you accomplish many things first and foremost
your career goals, a chance to broaden your horizons and it helps you find out who
you really are. To me being in college
means more responsibilities, being responsible enough to manage your time
between class, work and friends. Also
being responsible enough to make the cognitive choice to be friends with people
who will lift you up not drag you down.
Coming to Southern has really opened my eyes. Within this first week I have become less judgmental
and more accepting of people. My goals
for this year are to attend every single one of my classes and be well prepared
for them. Looking over the syllabuses
for all of my classes I became anxious, but I realized the work load might seem
overwhelming at first but it’s doable.
My first impression of my professors was that they all seemed like they
cared a lot about the course and their students. It’s relieving to know that if I need extra
help its available for me. The expectations
I have for all my classes is I’ll get out what I put into them. This is something my orientation leaders had
told me and I found it to be very true.
Another helpful thing my orientation leaders told me was to buy the recommended
and required books. This is helpful especially
in my Spanish class, because I bought the Spanish dictionary and a book of congregated
and translated verbs. Which I can
already tell is going to be extremely helpful.
One of my main concerns with all my classes is not being familiar enough
with the type of technology each teacher prefers. I’m sure over time I’ll get use to each one
and it will become second nature to me.
Lastly my aspirations for this year and for my whole college career are
to do well in my class, and build strong friendships with people.
No comments:
Post a Comment