Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tricks Of The Trade


One of the major pieces of advice that has resonated with me the most over that past three weeks is get involved.  Being involved can make a huge difference in a wonderful or terrible college experience.  I plan to join the intermural dodge ball with a few girls that I met at orientation, but doing an activity together will make our friendship stronger.  Another piece of advice that’s been helpful is to make sure your professors know your face.  One of my orientation leaders told us that and I decided to take their advice and make sure all of my professors know who I am.  I did this by participating in class, emailing them if I came across any issues with a topic, and staying after class if I had a quick question.   However an aspect I don’t find useful is online practice problems.  For example for my math class what have a “my Math Lab” and its extra inline practice but for some reason it just confuses me.   After I’ve received the first couple grades in all my class I know what I am capable in each class, and I plan to stay on top of all my assignments and do them to the best of my abilities.  If I notice that I’m slipping or getting lazy I’m going to remind myself that I’m paying twenty two thousand dollars to get an education here and I have to make the most out of it.  Two of my personal goals for the year are to go to all my classes and get at least a B on all of my quizzes and exams.  On the other hand if I do get a C or have to miss a class because I’m sick or god forbid an emergency situation occurs, I won’t let that discourage me. Lastly another personal goal I have is to keep my GPA above a 3.2 the whole year.   



         

No comments:

Post a Comment