Monday, October 8, 2012

Stepping Out Of The Box

See full size imageAt first I didn’t know what I was going to do for this assignment because not a lot of things make me uncomfortable. However over the weekend my sister asked me to go out with her to a karaoke establishment my initial reaction was absolutely not, but then I remembered that it would be perfect to blog about for this assignment and I might end up having fun.  I don’t really have an intense fear for singing but I usually only do it in the car with my friends but never in front of a room full of people I don’t know.  My sister and I ended up doing a duet to “My Boo” by Usher although we sounded awful, it was a lot of fun and I didn’t care what anyone thought of my singing abilities.  Although it’s not like I was auditioning for American Idol mostly everyone that did karaoke that night was at about the same level of singing as my sister and I.  This showed me that doing things that I wouldn’t normally do can be fun and I shouldn’t get anxiety over silly things such as karaoke, or stressed about what other people think of me.  I know I’m not a strong singer but I didn’t care because I enjoyed doing it.  As long as I’m not hurting anyone physically/emotionally or doing anything morally questionable I plan on doing more things I enjoy more than the things I feel like I have to do or just the things I think I’m good at.  The next time an opportunity comes up to do something outside of my comfort zone I plan on taking advantage of it because the feeling afterwards is rewarding.  I’m far from going sky diving but I’m proud of myself for experiencing something new and not being too nervous to do it.              

No comments:

Post a Comment