Friday, October 12, 2012

Half Way Done With The First Semester

See full size imageAs we reach the half way point in the first semester I feel very proud and confident in my assignments for each of my classes.  My goal for this semester was to have at least an A or B in each of my classes and so far I do.  I’ve had the most success in this class and Anthropology probably because anthropology interests me and INQ being an English based course comes natural to me.  Also I’ve had success in my other classes because I do all of my assignments on time and for the most part prepare thoroughly for my tests and quizzes.  However I have had a few setbacks, on my first Math test I got a 64.  This is obviously not the ideal way to start off the semester.  This was pretty discouraging, but I decided to try to have a growth mindset and learn from it.  Before my second test I prepared more and did more practice problems and scored a 102 on it.  My second setback was in my Spanish class I received a 70 on my first test, although this isn’t horrible I wasn’t happy with it.  So I applied the same method I used for math.  I studied more and had my friends quiz me with flashcards.  On my next Spanish test I got an 86.  I have the same goals for myself as I did for the first half of the semester for the second half.  Spanish and Math have always been hard subjects for me, and usually id get discouraged and say it’s just impossible for me.  Although after reading the Mindset book I realize that this isn’t the right way to think and learning Spanish or understanding algebra isn’t out of my reach.  I’m going to try and continue to have a growth mindset and grow in my personal and academic life.     

No comments:

Post a Comment