For this blogging assignment I choose to do #16 Pick a Fight. Usually I wouldn’t even take this exercise into consideration because in most situations I don’t care enough about the opposite parties argument is to fight with them about it. However on this one particular morning my friend and I were waiting in the omelet line at Conn for about an hour then when our turned rolled around two other girls thought it was there turn as well. Usually no problem id let them go before us but I had work in ten minutes and already waited an hour so I wasn’t leaving there without an omelet. Obviously the two other girls were not happy about this, but I wasn’t too concerned with their feelings at that point. So I did something very out of character and completely disregarded what they were saying and started ordering my omelet. If they had been there before us I would of never done that but they were wrong and I was right therefore I was not going to wait another fifteen minutes for an omelet just so I wouldn’t offend two strangers. Obviously confrontation in a public place is never the way to go but instead of arguing I just ignored basically everything they said and proceed with my order. Which might have made it worse, but it felt so good for once to put myself before someone else. I constantly do what other people want to do because it’s not worth an argument to me, but for some reason this omelet was. After this situation I’m defiantly going to challenge things that other people say more, because I always just assume oh that must know what they’re talking about, but sometimes they have no idea. This exercise opened my eyes and showed me that’s it okay to be stubborn sometimes. Monday, November 12, 2012
#16 Pick a Fight
For this blogging assignment I choose to do #16 Pick a Fight. Usually I wouldn’t even take this exercise into consideration because in most situations I don’t care enough about the opposite parties argument is to fight with them about it. However on this one particular morning my friend and I were waiting in the omelet line at Conn for about an hour then when our turned rolled around two other girls thought it was there turn as well. Usually no problem id let them go before us but I had work in ten minutes and already waited an hour so I wasn’t leaving there without an omelet. Obviously the two other girls were not happy about this, but I wasn’t too concerned with their feelings at that point. So I did something very out of character and completely disregarded what they were saying and started ordering my omelet. If they had been there before us I would of never done that but they were wrong and I was right therefore I was not going to wait another fifteen minutes for an omelet just so I wouldn’t offend two strangers. Obviously confrontation in a public place is never the way to go but instead of arguing I just ignored basically everything they said and proceed with my order. Which might have made it worse, but it felt so good for once to put myself before someone else. I constantly do what other people want to do because it’s not worth an argument to me, but for some reason this omelet was. After this situation I’m defiantly going to challenge things that other people say more, because I always just assume oh that must know what they’re talking about, but sometimes they have no idea. This exercise opened my eyes and showed me that’s it okay to be stubborn sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment